My Wordpress Website has been Hack

Just recently my website got hack unknown by the name inam and leave this as a header +ADw-/title+AD4-Hacker By INAM and mess up the widget.

Here’s how to get your site back online fast.

Step 1 – Login to your WordPress dashboard as an administrator and go to Appearance -> Widgets. In my case, the two widgets I was using had been moved to the Inactive Widget box and replaced with a Text Widget in the sidebar.

Step 2 – Open the Text widget and click the Delete link on the bottom left. Once you’ve deleted it, reset your widgets to the way they were prior to the hack.

Step 3 – Next go to settings -> Reading. Change your character encoding back to UTF-8. This will fix any lingering issues with your RSS feed and IE.

Step 4 – Lastly, reset the Site Title & Tagline for your site. The location for this will vary based on your theme. For my site, I selected Appearance -> Themes and then clicked the Customize link for my theme

 

Now you have your website back, You need to secure the website by changing a new password. I would also recommend this tool/plugin that I found for some security on your WP website.It is called Sucuri Security plugin is a security toolset for security integrity monitoring, malware detection and security hardening.

Some features:

  1. Security Activity Auditing

  2. File Integrity Monitoring

  3. Remote Malware Scanning

  4. Blacklist Monitoring

  5. Effective Security Hardening

  6. Post-Hack Security Actions

  7. Security Notifications

  8. Website Firewall (add on)


You can check https://wordpress.org/plugins/sucuri-scanner/ and install it on your WP. If you have other security tools feel free to share it here.

 

Comments